Winter has rapidly come out of nowhere this year as we all face plummeting freezing temperatures again just like last year except sooner.
So what better way to start your day by having a bowl of power packed porridge/oatmeal. From what I read recently porridge had gone out of fashion a bit quite why I don’t know even though.
I must admit myself, I didn’t eat it for quite some time but now the weather’s changed so dramatically recently I love having it for my breakfast first thing in the morning.
However, there is no reason why you can’t eat it at any other time of the day. Here are some of the reasons why it is such a kick ass breakfast.
1. Because porridge has high amounts of protein and fibre it tends to keep you feeling full for longer. Compared to other types of food.
2. It’s also known for lowering cholesterol levels porridge can keep you full for 3 1/2 hours after eating it.
3. Because of the slow release effect of eating this particular food it will keep your blood sugar levels in check, which is ideal if you are a diabetic.
4. It has also high levels of certain types of vitamins and minerals which are copper, zinc, iron and magnesium. And vitamin E.
5. It contains insoluble and soluble fibre when you have one of these in your stomach it acts more like a gel, mopping upLDL cholesterol, whereas insoluble fibre helps to make your stools more bound together and helps with their removal from your gut when the time comes.
So if you’re suffering from constipation eating oatmeal at which ever time of the day you prefer would be a good choice to help alleviate the problem.
You can make it. However, you wish I tend to use water a half and half mix what you can make it with skimmed milk or add some honey or add some fruit, I have tried it with blueberries it is absolutely delicious with those.
So for all those people who don’t eat porridge now time give it a try, and if you’re not particularly keen about trying the porridge you can get from the supermarkets why not try some of this instead I had an e-mail from somebody the other day and they have their own porridge, which is called Power Porridge.
Have a look and see what you think if you would like a change from normal everyday porridge.