Image by avlxyz
If you recall the other day, I wrote a post titled. How to Tell If You’re Magnesium Deficient and someone left a comment namely Richard asking, which foods are high in magnesium. In case you don’t want to take a supplement so for Richard, and everybody else who is interested. Is a list of foods that are high in magnesium.
Here is a little background, about magnesium, and the role that it plays in the body. It has its place, moving energy in our bodies as well as having a relationship with the combining of protein. If you are wondering how much, you need as a person. Here are the figures between the ages of
1 to 3 years 80 milligrams, 4 to 8, 130 milligrams 9 to 13, 240 milligrams, boys 14 to 18, 410 milligrams, girls 14 to 18, 360 milligrams.
Adult females need, 310 milligrams, pregnant females, 360 to 400 milligrams, women whom are breast-feeding 320 to 360 milligrams, adult males 400 milligrams.
Foods that have magnesium in
As a rule of thumb go for green vegetables one in particular is spinach, others are beans, nuts, seeds and grains that are not refined. As far as drinking is concerned, household tap water is a source of magnesium this can be dependent upon where you live, if your water is classed as being hard then this will have more of it in compared to soft.
List of magnesium rich foods
1. Black beans, these have 120 milligrams per one cup of
2. Broccolli untreated, which means not boiled or steamed in its raw state this contains 22 milligrams per one cup of
3. Nuts, peanuts as just one example per one ounce has 64 milligrams
4. Oysters, per three ounces has 49 milligrams
5. Rock fish, per one fillet has 51 milligrams.
6 Soya milk, per one cup has 47 milligrams
7. Cooked spinach per one cup has 157 milligrams
8. Tofu per ¼ block has 37 milligrams
9. Wholewheat/meal bread has 24 milligrams
10. Generic wholegrain cereal per one cup 24 milligrams
11. Seeds pumpkin and squash, per one ounce has 151 milligrams
12. Scallop, per six large one’s has 55 milligrams
13. Okra frozen per one cup has 94 milligrams
14. Halibut per half fillet has 120 milligrams
There may be other foods that have it in, however this list contains the ones which are quite high in magnesium. If you have any thoughts or opinions on this list of foods. Please leave your thoughts and opinions in the relevant section below.
Sources and references: http://www.algaecal.com