I was recently contacted by a site called medhelp and asked to do a review of their site as well as their iPhone apps that they have. So the other day I signed up as a member to see what it was about and how it works.
The sign up process was very straightforward. So nobody should have any problems there, when you initially sign up you are asked about which topics you are interested in from a health point of view.
You can choose as many as you want, as there are plenty to choose from so myself. I chose about five or six, which were of interest to me. You can upload a photo of yourself to your profile, if you so desire. This was something that I decided to do, because I do it on most sites that have it.
When you log into the back end of it. If you look at the left-hand side. There is an application’s box, where you can start a journal enter medical information, one click access to their forums. You can add notes, upload photos and enter your health records as well.
If you scroll down a slight bit you will see a box called manage my health in here, you can enter your daily progress. If you’re trying to lose weight, etc, you can enter your weight. Your mood and what you eat on a daily basis. You can also add the following your exercises, sleep, and a note’s tab just in case you need it.
If you have an iPhone or iPod touch, there is an application called pic healthy this enables you to keep an ongoing picture food diary. So you can see what you’re eating on a day-to-day basis.
here is a link to pic healthy so you can see how it works and looks http://www.medhelp.org/land/
here also is a link to photos that people have taken of there food with the pic healthy app http://www.medhelp.org/photo_
Here are some of the things the application does, which is taken from the site.
- Easily track what you eat by taking pictures of your meals
- Use the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch camera to take photos of your food or upload a picture you already have on your device
- Rate how healthy your meal is and see if your friends agree with you
- Earn healthy points for eating healthy foods, honesty points for rating your meals accurately, and participation points for joining in the fun
- View a leader board to see your scores compared to your friends and to other users of the app
- See what others are eating and rate and comment on their food photos
- View galleries and slideshows of your food photos, categorized by Healthy, Unhealthy, Tasty, Not-So-Tasty, and Favorites
- See a photo of a yummy-looking food? Mark it as a favorite
- Like someone’s photos? Follow them in your photo feed
They have a online food diary which looks very impressive you can see at a glance what you have been eating it shows by bar graph how may calories you have eaten each day as well as a pie chart showing calories as a percentage for each meal so you can see what amount you ate at what time.
And lastly they have a weight tracker which shows your progress as a graph shown below. So if you’re looking for a site to track your health and be involved in a thriving community, which has forums as well as groups in all manner of topics.
You can’t go wrong with medhelp.org and to say, it’s free and that you get all of the above-mentioned things is quite remarkable really.