Image by taygete05
Every so often, scientists like to remind us that we need to move more by getting off our backsides. A couple of weeks ago, some research came to light, which has found that sitting for more than three hours per day can cut two days off your lifespan.
They also added that watching two or more hours of TV a day would add another day to that equation. And if you do just moderate exercise this doesn’t offset that fact. Those statistics will still remain one of the researchers said. Just because you are doing 30 minutes of exercise, it doesn’t mean to say that you shouldn’t move the rest of the time during the day.
And let’s face it, it is very easy to lose track of time and not realise how long you have been seated for some of the diseases which you may get if you don’t move around much diabetes and other related problems. Here are a few tips to get you moving more which you can incorporate into your day.
Tips for moving more
- Leave the car at home if your journey is not very far it may not be worthwhile starting it up.
- If you’re watching television, do some form of exercise, even if it’s something as basic as walking on the spot for 10 minutes. It’s better than nothing.
- Get up and walk around every hour or so, so you’re moving around.
- If you’re on the phone walk around with your headset instead of sitting down.
- If you work in an office get up every hour or so and walk round and talk to your colleagues for about 5 minutes. Make sure they are at least some distance away from you.